The Spring 2019 Block Energy and Capacity Request for Proposals (“BEC RFP”) consists of the procurement of: (i) monthly on-peak and off-peak standard block forward products as well as combinations for Ameren Illinois Company (“AIC”), Commonwealth Edison Company (“ComEd”), and MidAmerican Energy Company (“MEC”); and (ii) capacity for AIC (25% of the 2020-2021 planning year forecast requirement and 12.5% of the 2021-2022 planning year forecast requirement).
On March 5, 2019, the Procurement Administrator posted to the procurement website each Company’s draft supplier contract for the procurement of energy and AIC’s draft supplier contract for the procurement of capacity. The Procurement Administrator invites interested parties to submit their comments on the proposed energy contracts for each of AIC, ComEd, and MEC as well as the proposed capacity contract for AIC. Comments are solicited only on proposed changes that have been made relative to the previously used 2018 contracts.
To submit comments on the changes to the supplier contracts, please visit the ‘Draft Documents’ page on the Spring Block Energy and Capacity section of the procurement website (www.IPA-energyrfp.com) to download the appropriate documents.
If submitting comments on the changes to the supplier contracts for the procurement of energy, please download:
- the Energy Invitation to Comment;
- the Microsoft Word document named “Draft (AIC) Confirmation Agreement for Comment”;
- the Microsoft Word documents named “Draft (ComEd) Energy Master Agreement and Coversheet for Comment”, “Draft Letter of Full Transfer Option 2 for Comment” , “Draft Form of Guaranty for Comment”, “Draft Guaranty with Optional Changes for Comment”, and “Draft Sample Exhibit A for Comment”; and
- the Microsoft Word document named “Draft (MEC) Confirmation Agreement for Comment”.
If submitting comments on the changes to the supplier contract for the procurement of capacity, please download:
- the Capacity Invitation to Comment; and
- the Microsoft Word document named “Draft AIC Capacity Agreement for Comment”.
Interested parties submit their comments as tracked changes in the appropriate (partially protected) Microsoft Word document and may also provide explanatory notes to Illinois-RFP@nera.com. The deadline to submit comments is 6PM CPT on Wednesday, March 13, 2019.